Videos from bariatric patients and specialists
Click on the links below to watch videos and chat with the people who have considered or undergone bariatric surgery and listen to Walsall Healthcare NHS Trust's specialists explain procedures, anaesthesia and why you'll see a dietitian.
Would you like to contribute to the patient videos?
Testimonials from Walsall hospital's bariatric patients
- ''This is brilliant! The patient now has a voice''. Wendy Jenkins - Bariatric Patient
- ''This website provides the aftercare and support I wish I'd had after my surgery''. Karl Ashfield - Bariatric Patient
- ''I was lonely and isolated while my husband went through his journey. I know I would have used this website when I was struggling emotionally with the whole experience. Just knowing that I was not the only one who felt this way would have made things easier for me''. Partner and Carer of a Bariatric Patient
- ''It's just the fact that I can talk to others that are experiencing what I'm experiencing makes me feel supported and cared for''. Jill Maddox, Partner and Carer of a Bariatric Patient
- ''This website means my family and friends will be able to understand the process, give me support and get support themselves''. Ryan Peel - pre-op Bariatric Patient
- ''I only wish this was available earlier, as I felt completely isolated. I genuinely thought I was the only one who felt like this. Knowing that there were other people out there going through the same things and feeling the same way as I did would have comforted me. And to be honest it's even comforting now. It really seems to explain everything quite clearly and seems impartial''. Denise Corbert -Bariatric Patient